Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Vegetable Dip

Every Friday night, I go to bible study. We meet in a friends home, and every week someone else takes a turn preparing and bringing snack. This week was my turn, so I decided to put together veggies and dip. Never really feeling like buying a tub of prepared dip with all sorts of delicious chemicals in it, I decided instead to make my own. Of course, Ranch Dip is the undisputed leader in the world of Veggie Dips, so it was to a new recipe app on my phone that I looked. Ya know, there really is an app for everything these days.
I discovered a delicious looking recipe for ranch dip, and set about to put it together.

3/4 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Mayonnaise
1/3 C. Fresh Chopped Parsley
1/4 C. Fresh Chopped Chives
1/4 tsp. Minced Garlic
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper

I started by preparing the parsley and chives. I discovered that I had no fresh parsley, but I did find some dried parsley in the cabinet, so I decided to use that. I worked out just fine. Then I chopped up the chives. I love chives. In fact, I often will substitute green onions instead of regular onions in some recipes.



Next, I mixed the mayonnaise and sour cream with the greens.



Then I added the garlic, salt and pepper.



I mixed it up and stuck it into the fridge for a bit to let the flavors mix. Also because the parsley needed to soften up.




After it was chilled, I arranged the veggies on the plate and took it to the bible study.



Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I know I did. :)

No comments: