Monday, May 9, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

I bought some pork on sale awhile ago, and decided to use it for dinner a few nights ago. My mom had just had hand surgery, so she wasn't in much of a position to do much cooking, and it fell upon me. With this in mind, I pulled out my trusty crockpot and got cooking.

2 Tbsp. Shortening
4 Pork Chops
1 Egg, Beaten
1/2 C. Flour
1 Large Onion, Sliced
2 Cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cups Milk

Many pork chop recipes call for you to brown the pork before putting it in the crockpot, and this recipe was no exception. I began by melting the shortening in a skillet over medium heat.

Next, I whisked the egg up in a small bowl, and measured the flour into another small bowl.

I defrosted the pork chops and, dipping them first in the egg, then in the flour, laid them in the skillet to cook.

While they sizzled away merrily, I sliced up the onion.

I didn't end up using quite the whole onion. Maybe about half of it. I'll save the rest for later and maybe make some onion rings out of them or something.
Once the pork chops were done on one side, and flipped, and done on the other side, I took them out of the pan.

Then I greased the crock pot, laid the pork chops in the bottom, and covered them with the onions.

Then, I mixed up up the other ingredients: the milk and the soup.







I poured the mixture on top of the onions, and set it on low to cook for a few hours.

After about 8 hours of simmering (recipe calls for 8-10) I made some rice and turned the crock pot onto low. The sauce was sizzling. :D

I dished out some of the pork, and then spooned the sauce over some rice.

Yum yum yum yum yum! Delicioso!

No comments: