Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Red Potato Salad

The other day, the duty of making dinner fell upon me. I decided to make use of the red potatoes I bought the other day, and turn them into potato salad. I looked up a recipe, and found this promising looking one.

3 lbs. Unpeeled Red Potatoes
4 Hardboiled Eggs
1 1/2 C. Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Milk
2 Tbsp. Distilled White Vinegar
1/2 C. Sliced Green Onions
1/ tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 C. Sliced Celery

I didn't quite have 3 lbs of potatoes... in fact, I had only 5 small potatoes. I guesstimated that it was about half of what I needed, so I cut the rest of the ingredients in half, accordingly.

I started by cutting up the potatoes, and then boiling them.

Then, I hardboiled the eggs (perfectly, again. I think I'm on a roll!) and chopped them up.
While the eggs were boiling, I mixed together the mayo, vinegar, and salt. I completely forgot about the milk, even though it was sitting right in front of me on the counter, and I forwent the pepper, since I don't care for it's taste. I also sprinkled in some minced onion and garlic powder, for added flavor.

After mixing the potatoes into that, I chopped up the celery and green onion. I discovered later I had put in too much green onion. I got a little carried away. Next time I'll do better. :D


Once I'd added the greens, and the eggs, I covered it and put it in the fridge to chill. A couple hours later, I served it with dinner. :D

It was very good, except for, as I mentioned before, a bit too much green onion, and perhaps a bit too much garlic. Overall, definitely something I'd make again. :D

No comments: