Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chicken and Bacon

Ok, now is the moment you've all been waiting for!
Well, maybe not, but I know I have. I am going to share the recipe of my very most favorite meal EVAR!!!
*ahem*
Anyway, yeah, this is my favorite meal. It's the meal that I always have on my birthday, and my sister happens to love it, as well, so when her birthday rolled around, she requested it. I was very happy. :D

1 jar Dried Beef (sometimes called Chipped Beef)
6 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 lb. Bacon, uncooked.
1 pint Sour Cream
1 can Cr. of Mushroom Soup


You start with a greased, 9x13 pan. Rip the dried beef up into small-ish chunks and cover the bottom of the pan.

Then, take the chicken breast and wrap the bacon around them. I like to use 2 slices of bacon per piece of chicken, but this might change, depending on the size of the chicken pieces, and how many slices of bacon you have in the pound. Basically, you want to use the whole pound of bacon, and you want to put as many pieces of chicken in the pan as you can. That's about 6 large pieces of chicken, but maybe up to 8 smaller pieces.

Next, mix the sour cream together with the cream of mushroom soup.

Scoop it out, and spread it evenly over and around the chicken.

Then you cook it. It has to cook slowly; 3 hours at 275˚. The kitchen smells wonderful while it's cooking. :D

Oh wow, the picture is making me hungry. :P
Make some rice, and spoon the sauce over the chicken and the rice.

My mouth is watering. ^_^

No comments: